Monday, May 20, 2013

Partay Time!!!

Hey guys, how ya doin?

Well, Summer's almost here already.  Man, this year has gone by fast.  Anywho, I'm sure that for some of you, my event coming up is one of the highlights of your Summer and want some details about what might be happening.  Well, here's what I've got so far.

As I'm sure you guys are aware, the Pokemon tournament will be happening as usual, but a Super Smash Bros tournament will be happening as well.  Hopefully, the champion Mike will be showing up, which will make this tournament one to remember, I'm sure.

Of course, I want to make known that NONE of these events are guaranteed to happen.  Most of them will be quite likely, but it's really what you guys want in the end, and there have been multiple occasions in which we got caught up playing a specific video game or something, and didn't have time to do one of the possibilities.  Just so you guys know.

Now, on to the new "release", as you might put it.  The next possibility is actually a night-time one that my friends and I used to do when we were younger.  I'm sure some of you have heard of the game "ghosts in the graveyard", right?  It's basically a game where the goal is for one person to reach a certain object without getting touched by everyone else playing.  I have always been a little "eh" about this game, due to the fact that no matter how many times you say "don't hover around the area", SOMEBODY is going to do it.  I mean, c'mon, you're supposed to be guarding this thing, it's stupid not to, and thus this game is usually REALLY hard for the one person.

But of course, our childlike minds were beyond a simple game like that, and decided to make it a little more interesting...in a secret intelligence sort of way.  Now, it's not the straight up version (I've made a few tweaks from the way we used to play it) but it's pretty much the same.  It's mostly based on "Splinter Cell Conviction", I believe it is called.  Anyways, here's how it goes.

The basis of the game is to get into the house.  More specifically, our house.  Both doors will be unlocked, as generally there is more than one way to infiltrate a building.  To put it simply your goal is to "infiltrate" the base.  Of course, there will be guards, which are the other players that are not the spies.

Now's when the changes come in.  This is a co-op experience, meaning that there are two spies, not one.  This is so that not only does it make it harder for the other players, but it gives a more strategic element.  The two can talk to each other, plan strategies, and use the element of teamwork.  Only ONE spy has to make it into the building, so if one of them is tagged, the other one still has a chance at making it in.

The second change is disabling.  Spies aren't exactly weakling, y'know, they can certainly put up a fight.  If you touch one of the guards in the back, they must instantly fall down and not say anything for at least 20-30 seconds.  To make this more understandable, in a very painful mission in Splinter Cell (Clayton knows what I'm talking about) you can't kill any of the guards due to political reasons.  However, you can knock them out, which is what we're doing here.  This is something we didn't do at all before, so it's something I'm thinking over and trying to work out.  Hopefully, it will add yet another element of challenge to the whole thing, and once again make it more realistic.

Anyways, that's all for now.  I'm still thinking of ideas, so there are more possibilities!

7 comments:

  1. This game sounds like something I would be good at. ODION, YOU ARE GOING TO ASSIST ME IF I CAN COME! WE ARE AMAZING AT SNEAKING AND BEING EVIL!!

    That sounds fun. :) VERY fun.

    ~Marik Ishtar

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depending on my ride, I may play the "splinter cell" ghost in the graveyard. I also may very well wear my mitre to the event. I also have some horrible speligg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! And turn off all the lights, too! Then nobody will know where anyone is and it'll be even harder!

    I don't remember when the event is, though...

    ~Brandon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In case you weren't being sarcastic, it's taking place outside...but I'm pretty sure you were being sarcastic.

      Delete
    2. ALL THE LIGHTS!!!! Including the one(s) by the door(s)!
      NO FLASHLIGHTS!!!
      TURN OFF THE MOON!!!
      Then strike everyone with temporary blindness and hope for the best.

      Wait...

      Delete