Saturday, May 11, 2013

Cosplay

Welp guys, I've finally figured out who I'm cosplaying as...and the result may surprise you.

Dubrishid

I am going to be Odion Ishtar, a character from the Yu-gi-oh series.   He's the adopted brother of the main "villain" of the series (those who has watched it know why I italicized villain), and sort of his servant.  Those of you who wish to know more about him can look him up.



Anyways, part of the reasons I chose this was because of a suggestion from my cousin (yes, Rine).  She's obsessed with Marik, Odion's brother, and wanted me to try this out.  When Mike was asked about the price, I was surprised to hear that it would only cost about 50-75 for material costs.  I have seen costume prices for most outfits...that's INCREDIBLY cheap.  So upon looking into his character further, I thought it would be interesting, so now I am going to be Odion Ishtar.

Now, I am going to say that with this costume, I plan on going almost completely all out...meaning yes, if everything happens as I hope it will, I WILL be bald for a time.  The darker skin is something I will attempt, but can't promise.  The words on the face should be easy with a little help, and Mike tells me he can get me a ponytail somehow...I'm excited about this personally.

Also, there's something I want to do.  As some of you know, and I just mentioned this earlier, my friend Mike is making this costume (with the help of a buddy, I believe).  And believe me, he's good.



Anyways, the reason I am mentioning this is that he wants to start a business doing costumes.  He needs the money, and I believe he is perfectly capable of running his own business.  The only issue is that while he has done some of his own costumes, he hasn't exactly made a ton for other people yet...in other words, he doesn't have much to show off yet.  That's where I would like to ask help from you guys.  If you're interested in getting a costume, make sure to come to me, and I'll hook him up with you.

Well, that's all for now.  I'm ALMOST caught up on Spanish now, so by next week I should be back on like normal.  I hope you guys have a great day!


7 comments:

  1. YES! ODION! COME, I NEED A KITTEN TO STROKE MANIACALLY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly:
    Spanish... *shudder* Unit II begins Wednesday...

    Secondly:
    I [i]am[/i] interested in getting a costume; I'm just certain $75 will not cover the cost.

    Thirdly:
    Rule number one about taking Spanish: DON'T TALK ABOUT THE COURSE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And what particular costume would that be?

      Delete
    2. Here's the front:
      https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0G22UeJmorV8uobBhI6KiNDcI-oj4DYyn9zsp-Fuhist3VJLP2g
      "Ulquiorra Cifer"

      Delete
  3. Have you considered a spray on tan or a day at the tanning beds for darker skin?

    ReplyDelete