Saturday, April 27, 2013

Kosplay

  So last week, I made a post giving an idea for this year's Jafax.  It was fairly simple, fitting and cheap, or at least it seemed that way to me.  What I was surprised to get was tons of mixed opinions.  It was about half and half, half saying "go for it!" and the other half saying "ditch it".  It was kind of interesting to see.

  Part of the reason that particular costume appealed to me was cost.  Yes, I do have a job, but I don't have an incredibly large paycheck, and due to being in my house, I have various saving accounts.  It's good, but that means my actual spending money isn't all that much.  At the most, it's around $50 every two weeks, and that's if I work five days a week.

 Now, I could be wrong about this, but this particular costume seemed pretty cheap compared to the rest.  No wig would be involved (a pretty decent price to kick out right off the bat), and both the pants and shoes could be obtained REAL easily.  The jacket might cost a little bit, but comparing that to a full costume, I'm guessing that's a huge price drop.  Plus I could probably wear it for other occasions, and to make sure I'm sort of Doctor Whoish, I could borrow my cousin's tool.  And as for my plan, I was obviously planning on watching some Doctor Who before the event.  I mean, I have to know SOMETHING about this guy.

 But I will say this.  I do love manga and anime, and I've loved each kind I've seen...but fact is, I haven't seen that much.   I've seen less than 10 different manga series in total, and only one anime (Sonic X doesn't count).  In short, my knowledge of the subject is quite nonexistant.  Of course, this means there might be much better options that are also fairly cheap that I have no knowledge of.  If you have a better costume idea, please comment below and I'll look into it.

6 comments:

  1. If you want the Phoenix Wright one, you have to let me know BY June 1st! And by that, I mean payment for materials would have t happen. labor could wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not just a tool; it's a screwdriver.
    For you, I have no real suggestions, other than know the character before going.


    If I went, it would be as

    https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2tv6_AqII4PptsELgSPMtus3Cfv26wWyUbRxIn34Jy4jyXd9t

    Cookie for you if you don't need to search to know who that is.
    Two if you don't need the link.

    ~Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch ALL of the first season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, all of it. You should definitely go as Ninth, simply because you look so much alike that the Cosplay will be easy. And can I borrow the jumper when you're done? I'll give it back, I promise.

    ReplyDelete