Sunday, September 7, 2014

Top 10 Games I Want To Play

As I'm sure you'd imagine, while I have played tons of games, there are many I haven't played.  However, there are quite a few I have not played that I really wish I had.  Whether due to lack of a system to play it, lack of money, or simply having ignored it, here's the top 10 list of games I wish I could play.

Note: These are not in numerical order.  As you know, I am HORRIBLE with picking favorites.  These are simply the 10 games I want to play the most, their order means nothing.

10. Tale of Two Monkeys



Okay, this one IS kinda cheating as I have actually played this one.   However, the last time I played it was when I was like 8 years old, and I have never owned it.

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest is a game I haven't played for so many years and yet is possibly the biggest nostalgic game for me I know.  I have very faint memories of playing it, but I remember that I adored it and played it all the time (along with Aero the Acrobat 2).  I even downloaded the soundtrack to this game, and just listening to it makes me wish I could play it.

9. Holy War



To add on the list to many games that people wish would be brought to America from Japan, mine would be the Fire Emblem game, Genealogy of the Holy War.

This game is known as being possibly the most unique Fire Emblem game.  It brought many unique elements to the table, some to be used for later, and others to never be used again. What particularly draws me to this game is that it looks like Fire Emblem on a much larger scale.   While there's fewer maps, they are much larger and filled with much more units.

It brings a more realistic war feel and that's what I've always wanted from Fire Emblem. Taking town armies with a small elite team is fun, but I think playing Fire Emblem in a much more war-like setting would make it so much more epic and realistic, sort of like the large battles in Lord of the Rings.

8. The REAL Joker



Final Fantasy 6, fan favorite of the Final Fantasy series.  As most of you know, I have played next to no Final Fantasy games (Crisis Core doesn't really count as a main game), and as much as I want to play 7 due to having played Crisis Core, this is the Final Fantasy game I want to play the most.

Why?  Well, not only have I heard many positive things about this game in particular, it just looks amazing.  The drawings, the actual game art, it looks very atmospheric.  The bits and pieces of music I've heard have been pretty good, and from I've heard the story and characters are great.  Plus the main villain is just creepily awesome.

7. Decisions, Decisions, DECISIONS.



I NEVER thought I'd want to play this.  A game based off of a TV show, and a ZOMBIE tv show to add to the list?  That's got to be horrid!!!!   That's what I thought before I saw a playthrough of it.

The Walking Dead is a strangely unique game, as while I'm sure it's been done before, it's never been done to this extent.  This is a game where you make the majority of the decisions, and they DO effect everything.  Whether or not certain characters die, where you end, what happens, many things are affected by what you say and what you do.

The art style is unique, the music is great, and the writing and characters are excellent.   I almost want to play it just to see how my choices will affect the game, and if a game can hook you on that idea alone, that's impressive.  

It's also incredibly realistic, beyond a few plotholes.  Despite being based off a TV show, you wouldn't have noticed any similarities if it was just it's own game.  There's no nudity, and the amount of gore and swearing is not overdone and all feels right in it's context, and this is me we're talking about.

I honestly would rather play this than the Last of Us, if only because it's not quite as dark and violent.  

6. The Plumber With a Story



If I had one, this game would go on the list of
HOW THE HECK HAVE I NOT PLAYED THIS!!!???

I mean, a colorful and creative, cartoonish and yet detailed, Mario-based, well done RPG? This game just screams BRENNAN.  Heck, most of my friends have played this game, and they aren't exactly large Mario fans!   

The game looks fun and colorful, the visuals are excellent for Super NES, the music's great, and a Mario game that actually has somewhat of a PLOT?   How could a Nintendo gamer not enjoy this classic?  And really, very few haven't!  For some reason I completely bypassed this one, and someday I really hope to remedy that.

5. Umm....You're Not Serious Are You?



Yes, this is no joke.  I WANT to play Sonic 2006, one of the most hated games in all gaming history.

Why?  Well oddly enough, it's because I haven't played it.  I've seen playthroughs of it, and it does look pretty bad.  However, there are many aspects that looks kinda interesting that usually weren't touched on, and I want to see if it really lives up to it's title.  Heck, Shadow the Hedgehog looks worse than this game does to me.  But I can't really say how bad it is because I haven't actually played it, which is why I want to play it.

4. 1,2,3 



As I'm sure you've figured out by now, I like the Disgaea series a lot, so it's no surprise that I'd want to play them all...sadly I haven't been able to play 3-5 due to being on a system I do not own.

However, the one I specifically want to play is Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice.  Why?  Well, for one, it was the last unique Disgaea game to get good reception.  The 4th got bad reception and the 5th I don't want to play due to the game existing purely for nostalgia.

This game has a few classes I want to use, and looks pretty neat.  I dunno if I'd love it any more than 1 or 2, but I still want to play it.

3. The Rabbit With a Plan



I've always loved games with a dreamy feel, usually have peaceful music with creative and strange worlds and characters.  Klonoa is no exception.

This isn't just for a single game, but rather an entire franchise.  I only had Klonoa 2 when I was about 8 years old, and not for very long.  All I remember is that it was unique and fun, and that I loved it as a kid.

Looking at it now, it still looks cool.  It has a unique puzzle/platforming system, that while simple, was fun to play.  Seeing as I'm much older now, these games might be a bit easy, but I still think they'd be fun to play.


2. Space in a Box



As most of you know, I enjoy me some Phantasy Star.  I love it's concept and classes, I love it's stories and character's, and I love it's online game similarities.

This one in particular I'd like to play because one, it's portable.  Phantasy Star 0 did that and it worked, but the PSP has much better graphics and data than the DS, so I think there will be more options in terms of customization and gameplay, as well as better graphics.

Plus, I just want to play another Phantasy Star game.  This one had pretty good reception, so it's got me interested for sure!

1. Xenoblade



Yeah, no unique title this time.  But can you blame me?  It's freaking Xenoblade!  That's an awesome title!

When I first saw this on shelves, I was a little surprised.  A large-scale RPG on the Wii made by a third party developer?   It pretty much came out of nowhere and just showed up.  What surprised me even further is when I found it in the used section months later for $40. 

I have seen no footage of this game, nor played a second of it.  However, from the few things I've read about it, few pictures I've seen, and the fact that a character from this game has made it into the Super Smash Bros WiiU roster says something about the game.  Will I ever play it?  Who knows?  However, I have a feeling that if I obtained it, I certainly wouldn't regret it.













2 comments:

  1. You do know that Mario RPG is available on the WII shop channel for just $8 right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you could go to TGW and get it hard for SNES for the low, low price of $50 USD.

    ReplyDelete