Sunday, November 24, 2013

Ace Attorney: Andrew Dalmin

Turnabout Revival - End

   The case ended really well overall, better than I had hoped.  Brea was now completely back on her feet and was now back to prosecuting just as vigorously as ever.   As to whether that is actually a good thing or not, I'll leave that to your discretion, but I honestly preferred multiple various sharp objects being thrown at me then someone ready to commit suicide.

   Aaron, unfortunately, didn't have something major happen.  While his efforts on the case were noticed, his pay didn't increase whatsoever and neither did his rank.  He didn't get fired though, so I guess the case did him some good.   Of course, the case didn't change Michaela's or Brandon's lives at all, bar my slightly happier attitude and the fact that Brandon and I began communicating again.

   Mr. Mambony, while still not admitting to anything, was proven to have committed the murder through a confession of one of his employees, in return for a nicer sentence.  Brea Firehawk prosecuted him of course, and actually found every single one of his cohorts.  As for Adrian...well, no one really cares what happened to him.

   As for me, things were actually looking up.  Having saved someone that seemed impossible to defend, word spread quickly.  While it didn't cover up the massive mistake I made a year ago, I did notice that there were things in my mailbox besides bills.  I was still a long way from living like I used to, but I could now treat myself occasionally.  Maybe I could actually find my own office soon.   But before we close all the case details once and for all, there's one more thing that happened afterwards I should mention.

   It was now about two days after the case had finished, and the sun seemed slightly brighter than usual.  I sat on the couch in Michaela's office, taking a long rest.  Even though it was two days later, that case was the most emotionally straining case I had ever been involved in, beyond the one that ruined my life.   The outburst was especially draining, and now that I could rest, I was taking advantage of it.

   Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door.  I was puzzled for a second, as Michaela was currently investigating something as wasn't going to be back for awhile.  None of her cohorts would be showing up as the sign clearly said "closed"?  Was it for me?

  I opened the door, curious as to who it was, and pretty much fell over backwards.   There, standing impatiently at the door, was Jenna Wolf; the reporter who I had exploded at.  I had honestly hoped I would never see her again, besides maybe a written letter of apology.

 "Uh...hi?" I said nervously, trying to think of a way I could distract her and possibly run.

 "Hey," she said brushing her hair aside.  "You're the lawyer from a couple days ago, right?"

 "Uh, no, sorry.  You've got the wrong guy."  I then slammed the door and ran into my small office.  It was rude, but I really didn't feel like explaining my self.

 I froze as I heard the front door open again.  Apparently she decided to just go ahead and walk in.

 "Nice place you got here," she said, looking around.

 "Yeah...well, it's not exactly mine," I said, picking up the cards I dropped all over the floor.

 "Hmm?" she said, confused.  "You don't have an office?"

  "Well, I sort of do, but it's in someone else's building."

  "Ah."

  She then went to looking around some more, not saying anything.  After a few minutes of weirding me out, she gave a large sigh.

  "This office is SO boring!"

  I looked at her strangely.  Why on earth would she care?  "Uh...okay?"

  "We'll have to make a few changes around here.  A new paint job, and some posters should do the trick!"

  My look stayed pretty much the same.  "What do you mean we?"  She then proceeded to look at ME strangely.

  "Well, you can't have your assistant to do ALL the work around here."

  I dropped all of my cards and fell over backwards again.  WHAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!??????

  "Um....uh..." I said, slowly getting up.

  "Is something wrong?" she said questioningly.

  "Well, uh...first of all...how did you know I didn't have assistant?"

  She laughed.  "Brea's been keeping tabs on you, so I asked her about it.  She told me that your broke, pretty much jobless, and overall pathetic."

  Well, that did pretty much sum things up.  "Okay next....why?"

  She looked confused.  "What do you mean?"

  "Uh...aren't you...mad at me or anything?"

  She nodded.  "Well, of course I was at first.  Having my ears almost blown off wasn't exactly the most pleasant thing that happened all day."

  Owch, that was harsh.

  But then she smiled.  "But then I came back to the second part of the trial to see how things were going."

  So she was there after all.

  She began playing with her hair.  "At first, I thought you were stupid.   Mr. Mambony seemed impossible to defeat, and yet you stood there with confidence."

  Okay, so I wasn't exactly COMPLETELY confident the entire time.

  "Even when I first met you, you searched for every possible explanation otherwise even when everything pointed to her.   You fought against what everyone considered to be an impossible case...and won."

  She smiled again.   "Even though your methods seem stupid and farce...after seeing you in court, your methods interest me.  I want to see it first-hand, and the only way I can do that is by working with you."

  I scratched my head.  "But don't you already have a job?"

  She laughed.  "Are you kidding me!?  I quit that job the second I decided to team up with you.  It was very boring and I'm tired of dealing with annoying people."

  Trust me, THAT'S not going to end anytime soon.

  She held out her hand and winked.  "So what do you say?  Partners?"

  I shuffled through my cards, which what I always do while I'm thinking.  I had to admit, the concept of another person working for me didn't sound bad.  Even before I lost my reputation I had always flown solo, and there were many times where I had wished someone was there to help me out with paperwork and other details.  Perhaps an assistant could be a very good thing for me.

  I shook her hand and gave a small smile.  "Fine, I suppose I could use a team member."

  She grinned and threw off her grey coat, once more revealing the pony shirt.  I proceeded to fall down for the third time.

  "Alright," she said, full of confidence, "We need some supplies!  There's an art shop about 5 blocks from here, let's go!"  She grabbed my arm with the force of a professional wrestler and proceeded to drag me out the door.  Little did I know at the time that this would be the start of the biggest adventure I would ever have.

Turnabout Revival End
 


 

 

4 comments:

  1. THERE WAS A MURDER AT THE ART STORE

    DALMIN IS ACCUSED

    WOLF DEFENDS HIM

    (though I already know, that isn't going to happen)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just getting better and better. Now will Jenna also get some sort of minor power as well? Also I think that your "office" is going to be more or less a pony/doctor who paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna as an assistant?
    Oh my........
    Things will not be boring.

    ReplyDelete