Sunday, February 3, 2013

Before I Continue

   Alright, before I continue the Phoenix Wright related story, I have a couple questions that you may have to answer.

Q: Will I be in the story?
A: Generally, when I do any kind of story, I try to include as many of my friends as possible.  Chances are, all of you will have been in this by the end.  However, I cannot promise major roles to anyone.  This is a law-related story, and quite a few of you have absolutely no interest in that sort of thing.  Because of that, it's difficult for me to find a spot for you in this.  At the very least, you will be a witness in court, so make sure to look out and see if there's anyone similar to you in here.

Q: Will there be any Psyche Locks or anything like that?
A: I will state right now that's not my plan.  You see, while this whole thing is reminiscent of Phoenix Wright, I don't want it to look like "fanfiction".  I want it to be like a new Ace Attorney game, just released by the creators.  It will have similar essences, like the step-ladder joke, crazy characters, and such, but those are in every Ace Attorney game.  While my character is in the spot where Phoenix is, he's not going to be based off of Phoenix.  He's going to be based mostly off of me, in a lawyer position.  In other words, I don't want this to look like a wannabe video game, I want it to look like the real deal, and like I actually put imaginative effort into this.

NOTE: I want to make it clear that this doesn't mean there won't be a special thing SIMILAR to the Psyche Locks.  As I said, I want to keep the basic Ace Attorney game elements in, and every game has a special feature, like Apollo's wristband, Phoenix's Psyche-locks, and Edgeworth's Logic.  This story will have one as well, but it's going to be completely original.  I don't know what it will be yet, but it will be in there eventually.

Q: How long will this story be?
A: If what you were expecting was just one case, I am happy to tell you that as far as I'm planning, that is not the truth.  As I said, I'm trying to make an Ace Attorney game, essentially, and every game has more than one case, right?  My plan is that this chain, for now at least, will have 3-4 cases in total.  This is the first case of this chain, so it will have one investigation phase and one court phase.  The next will probably have more phases.

Q: When should I expect an update?
A: I like to do it once a week, but I can't promise anything.  Making a case is quite hard, making the witnesses, creating the evidence, and making everything flow as an Ace Attorney game should.   There will be weeks where I am not ready for a post yet, some when I'm just plain busy, and some where I'm gone somewhere or forget.

5 comments:

  1. I just love how the abilities work. We have the inhuman ability to detect the slightest twitch, the ability to see if a person is lying, and basic logicV. Edgeworth got the shortest straw ever.
    (as in: "this gun was found at the scene of the crime; the victim was killed with a gun; ergo, this is the murder weapon")

    It just leaves you wondering what will be "next"; that is, what you decide to put in.

    Multiple cases! :yay:

    Also: Chords of Steel? (please say no)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I ask is that you don't put anyone like this guy in....
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080911174414/aceattorney/images/c/c4/Spark.gif

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'd like to do it once a week, but I can't promise anything"...

    HADOUKEN!!!!

    ReplyDelete